Dr. Aarti Avinash Kinikar
MBBS (1984); DCH (1988); MD-Paediatrics (1988), DNB-Paediatrics (2003); MRCP-UK (1995).
Medical Education- Grant Medical College – Mumbai University, India.
As a medical teacher and a pediatrician working in a government medical college and hospital I am interested in generating interest motivating medical undergraduate students to think and participate in pediatric infectious disease research especially in the field of Pediatric HIV and TB epidemiology, as well as clinical profiles and prevention and treatment for children. I am personally interested in looking at the implementation and challenges faced in caring for children with HIV and TB under national programmes and finding solutions that can help implement these programmes effectively for the benefit of children coming to government hospitals . A specific clinical research interest is to investigate chemoprophylaxis options for children in contact with adults that have sputum-positive MDR TB.
Honors and Awards:
- Awarded Fogarty Fellow Scholarship at John Hopkins University, Baltimore USA; for training in Paediatric HIV, Epidemiology & Biostatistics, (2007)
- Awarded Overseas Doctor’s Training Scheme fellowship by the Royal College Of Physicians , UK in 1994 for higher studies in Paediatrics
- Awarded ONE of the 20 INNOVATORS IN INDIA who are changing lives – For Bubble CPAP Invention during Swine Flu Pandemic in India . Awarded by INDIA TODAY – April 26th 2010 Issue.
- AWARDED PROVISIONAL PATENT for low cost indigenous bubble CPAP ventilation circuit – Mumbai 2011.
- AWARDED THE DR SHARADINI DAHANUKAR “BEST MEDICAL TEACHER” 2013 AWARD BY MAHARASHTRA UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH SCIENCES , NASHIK.
- TWICE Won the First Prize in Teachers Category at Inter- University Research Convention – AVISHKAR 2010 and AVISHKAR 2011- organized by Governor of Maharashtra.
- Received “Suchintan Trophy” – Thrice ( 2004; 2005; 2010 ) for Best Research work presented at Annual Research Conference at B.J. Government Medical College, Pune.
- Member and Principal Investigator for Clinical Trial of IMPAACT Network ( HIV/AIDS; TB; Malaria and other Infectious Diseases since 2000. BJGMC-John Hopkins University , USA-Clinical Trial Unit, Pune, India